These are the policies for The Community Foundation, INC. Use of this site is governed by these policies. All policies must be accepted to utilize this site and its content and tools.
USER POLICY FOR PARTNERS
The “Community Foundation Engagement Center” , and the corresponding website CFengage.org, are programs of The Community Foundation, Inc. trading as “Community Foundation for a greater Richmond”. The Community Foundation, Inc., trading as “Community Foundation for a greater Richmond, is a charitable tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. (Federal EIN: 23-7009135)
- CFengage.org.org is an interactive website that offers certain services and information to Central Virginia’s nonprofit community as part of the Community Foundation’s mission to make the Richmond region a better place with bold solutions and inspired philanthropy. Some pages are available to the general public, who as unregistered visitors can browse general content maintained by CFengage.org including but not limited to organization and personal profiles, and postings by registered users (such as jobs, volunteer opportunities, events, and other posts).
- Certain pages and services are available only to registered users according to the permissions granted to them upon registration, upon assignment of permissions as an Organization Admin or other role, or by the CFengage.org administrators. The registration types, roles and corresponding permissions are described on the website.
REGISTRATION AND USER AGREEMENT – OUR AGREEMENT WITH YOU
- This document contains the Terms and Conditions under which you may register for CFengage.org and use the services made available to our users. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, you are not permitted to register for CFengage.org or to use the services made available on this website.
- By registering for, accessing, or using CFengage.org, you represent and warrant that the organization you are registering has authorized you to register for and use CFengage.org on its behalf, if applicable, and that you have the capacity to understand, agree to and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, amend, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions at any time. While we will make reasonable efforts to notify users of any material changes to these Terms and Conditions, you should check these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes. By accessing and using CFengage.org services after we post any changes to these Terms and Conditions, you are agreeing to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them.
- To register for CFengage.org, you are required to complete the applicable registration form and to provide the required information to verify your identity. When completing the registration form you warrant and represent that the information you provide is true, accurate and complete. You must complete the registration process in order to establish your CFengage.org account.
- We may refuse to grant you a CFengage.org account or we may suspend or terminate your CFengage.org account if you are not an authorized representative of the organization you have registered.
- The entity you registered must meet all of requirements set forth in these Terms and Conditions or on the registration page.
- If any element of your registration impersonates someone else, is or may be protected by intellectual property rights law, or is vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us in our sole discretion, we may refuse the registration.
- You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your CFengage.org account information. You should not share your password or CFengage.org account with any other party. You must notify us immediately in the event of any known or suspected unauthorized use or compromise of your CFengage.org account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your or anyone else’s password. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under your CFengage.org account.
- You are required to register your organization and any individuals who will be posting your organization’s opportunities on CFengage.org.org. Registration, if approved, permits users to be one of our partners with permission to post approved opportunities. Partnership requires that your Agency, Foundation or Organization meets the following criteria.
- By applying to be a partner with us, you agree that your organization:
- Is designated by the IRS as a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit or faith-based organization; or it is a school, government agency, or community organization (Please see our General Posting Policy below for more specific guidelines).
- Is located in, and serves clients in:
- Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, Hopewell, Powhatan, Petersburg, Richmond City.
- Gloucester, Mathews and the River Counties of Lancaster, Middlesex, and Northumberland.
- Has an international focus but has offices, staff, or a presence in the Richmond area (this is our designated service area).
- Has liability insurance that covers any type of volunteers.
- Does not withhold services based on membership or religious affiliation/participation.
- Does not require religious participation or activity from participants.
- Is not a political campaign.
- Does not discriminate against its clients, staff, board, volunteers, or volunteer committees on the basis of a person’s race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
- Membership stays active for 2 years from activation date, or the date of your last posting, whichever is more recent. Membership may be renewed.
- Must post each year or it will be deactivated if there is no activity for 12 months.
- Must participate in training on the CFengage.org.org site. Training is good for 2 years from the initial date of training, or from your last posting date, whichever is more recent. Users with NO activity after 12 months will be deactivated and to be reinstated will need to be retrained.
- Will be automatically added to our partner e-newsletter that is sent monthly or less often. To ensure that CFengage.org has a full opportunity to help your organization meet its community engagement needs, we have developed guidelines for posting projects on our website:
GENERAL VOLUNTEER POSTING POLICY
- Partner organization staff will be trained on the site’s capabilities. All requirements for posting opportunities must be followed for the posting to be considered for approval. Requirements are included in the instructions on the website.
- Non-stock, not-for-profit business and community organizations that do not have 501 (c)(3) status but are working toward their status may become a partner. The Community Foundation, Inc. reserves the right to decline any opportunity that appears to promote or benefit a business or organization, instead of the community.
- Private and/or for-profit hospices, hospitals, and nursing homes may become a partner and post provided the posting directly serves or benefits the clients of the organization. and the volunteer will have direct interaction with the clients of the organization (NOTE: This excludes any operational duties like administrative tasks, event staff, and capital projects, such as building maintenance or landscaping that primarily serve the business). These postings must explicitly inform the volunteer that the company requesting volunteers is a for-profit entity.
USER BEHAVIOR – ACCEPTABLE CONDUCT WITHIN CFENGAGE.ORG
- CFengage.org is made available for your personal or organization use only, in accordance with the purposes and mission of CFengage.org and these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not use CFengage.org for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- International users agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including laws regulating the export of data from the United States or your country of residence.
- Registered users are solely responsible for their own conduct and any text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, logos, button icons, audio clips, video clips, software, and other content, and the compilation, collection, arrangement, and assembly thereof that they submit, post, e-mail, display or otherwise transmit within CFengage.org (“Materials” or “data”).
- You acknowledge and agree that certain materials, such as recent postings by registered users in the CFengage.org , Job Finder, Volunteer Calendar, and Funding Forum, will be included in e-mail messages delivered to registered users who have not unsubscribed from the CFengage.org Daily Update, according to their default or chosen subscription settings.
- You also acknowledge and agree that certain recent activity and postings by registered users will be displayed throughout CFengage.org, including the homepage and other pages.
- You expressly agree that whenever you use the CFengage.org services you will abide by all applicable local, state, national or international laws, including, but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law. You also accept that you are solely responsible for all communications, acts or omissions that occur under your CFengage.org Account.
Inappropriate behavior, determined at the sole discretion of The Community Foundation, Inc., will not be tolerated. Behaviors include, but are not limited to the following:
- using CFengage.org in a manner inconsistent with its purposes or these Terms and Conditions;
- use of user data other than for specified site purposes. Any other use must be mutually agreed to between or among users;
- act(s) in breach of the CFengage.org Privacy Statement;
- uploading, posting, emailing, or otherwise transmitting any materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, intimidating, offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy or confidentiality, hateful, harmful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- interfering with other users’ use and enjoyment of CFengage.org;
- infringe upon the intellectual property of other users;
- jeopardizing or prejudicing the operation, quality, or integrity of CFengage.org, or the operation, quality, or integrity of any telecommunications network;
- using CFengage.org for any commercial purpose including any direct marketing, surveys, contests or multi-level marketing or other unlawful activity, or to use CFengage.org to participate in or cause others to participate in sending chain letters, junk e-mail, spam, duplicative or unsolicited messages, advertising, or promotional material;
- impersonating of any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a director, officer, employee, agent, or representative of CFengage.org, the Community Foundation for a greater Richmond or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- misleading others by, for example, concealing or disguising the origin of a message or the nature of any materials;
- harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent or use any robot, spider, website search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any content in CFengage.org for unauthorized purposes;
- distributing, downloading, uploading or transmitting any material which contains viruses, malware, adware or any other harmful or deleterious programs;
- attempting to gain unauthorized access to any aspect of CFengage.org;
- using CFengage.org in a manner contrary to the terms and conditions of any Internet Service Provider whose services you may use;
- modifying, adapting, translating, or reverse engineering any part of CFengage.org;
- reformatting or framing any portion of the web pages that are part of CFengage.org; or removing any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices posted in CFengage.org.
- The Community Foundation, Inc. does not control or take responsibility for the materials submitted, posted, emailed, displayed, or otherwise transmitted by users and, as such, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, truthfulness, integrity, or quality of such materials. Although we have adopted these Terms and Conditions for users, you understand that by using CFengage.org, you may be exposed to materials that you find offensive or objectionable.
- By registering for CFengage.org, you agree to receive email communications from us and other periodic communications. You can manage your email subscription settings within the body of the email sent, including unsubscribing.
- Payment transactions are managed in the following manner:
- Any transactions that require payments (e.g. job postings) will be hosted on secure servers of a third-party electronic payment processing service provider engaged by but not affiliated with CFengage.org.
- No credit card or other financial information is stored in our site.
- Any transactions on CFengage.org that require payments will contain or direct the user to details about the purchase in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Any specific terms and conditions brought to the attention of the purchaser during an online sale will govern that purchase.
- The Community Foundation, Inc. does not take responsibility for the electronic payment processing service except as required by law, or a dispute between a user and the third-party provider. However, we will make reasonable efforts to assist the affected user.
LIMITS ON RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any materials (other than for content created by us), including but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any materials, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any materials submitted, posted, emailed, displayed or otherwise transmitted to or through CFengage.org.
- As one of the primary purposes of CFengage.org is to provide a real-time environment for users to communicate and interact with other users, We cannot accept a general obligation to monitor the users’ use of CFengage.org. However, we will make reasonable efforts to address any breaches of these Terms and Conditions when notified of a material breach thereof. Accordingly, we may, but shall have no obligation to, remove materials that we determine in our sole discretion to be unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, or which we feel may infringe or violate any party’s intellectual property, privacy or other proprietary rights or these Terms and Conditions.
EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
- Your use of the community foundation engagement center and cfengage.org is at your sole risk. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use or inability to use cfengage.org or any materials, whether based on statute, contract, tort (including negligence), or any other legal cause, and whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
- We do not warrant that CFengage.org will operate uninterrupted or be error free, that defects will be corrected, or that CFengage.org or the servers that make it available are or will be free of viruses, defects, or bugs.
- We are not responsible for any errors or malfunctions in any communications network, computer systems, servers, equipment, or software including any injury or damage to users or to any persons’ computer related to or resulting from using CFengage.org in any way.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS – YOUR RIGHT TO USE OUR MATERIALS
- We do not claim any ownership rights in any Materials that users submit, post, or display on or through CFengage.org. After submitting, posting, or displaying Materials on or through CFengage.org, users continue to retain all ownership rights in such Materials, and they continue to have the right to use their Materials in any lawful way they choose. By submitting, posting, or displaying any Materials on or through CFengage.org, you hereby grant to us a limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Materials on and through CFengage.org and in our publications. This license will terminate at the time you remove your Materials from CFengage.org, except that you agree that the license will continue solely with respect to the continued use of your Materials by other users; provided, however if you remove any of the Materials from CFengage.org, we reserve the right to remove all of your Materials from other pages.
- Provided that you comply with your user obligations under these Terms and Conditions, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access CFengage.org and all CFengage.org-created Materials displayed in CFengage.org (“ CFengage.org Materials”).
- All CFengage.org Materials incorporated in or accessible through CFengage.org, are protected by United States and international copyright laws, and are owned, controlled, or licensed by the Community Foundation Inc. as owner of the legacy ConnectNetwork system intellectual property, or by the original creators of such materials or their permitted licensors. Such materials may be used only for viewing the CFengage.org materials in the ordinary course. Any other use of such CFengage.org Materials, including any copying, reproduction, modification, sale, distribution, extraction, reuse, transmission, publication, downloading, display, posting, performance, or other exploitation thereof by any means or medium without the prior written permission of the copyright owner is strictly prohibited.
YOUR UNDERTAKINGS, WARRANTIES, AND INDEMNITIES
- You represent and warrant to us that the Materials posted by you, on or through CFengage.org, will comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The Community Foundation, Inc., its officers, directors, employees, agents and service providers, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting whether directly or indirectly from your use of CFengage.org or any materials or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- We may provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
NOTICE AND TAKEDOWN PROCEDURE
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor and assist with resolution of disputes between you and other users.
- If you feel that any Materials have been posted on CFengage.org that are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, you should report it. Please supply us with as much information as possible, and CFengage.org will respond, using our reasonable discretion, by editing or removing content that we reasonably consider to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- If we deem it appropriate, the user who posted the infringing materials will be banned or suspended from CFengage.org to limit the possibility of any further infringing materials being posted. Notwithstanding that we will make efforts to address all complaints as we deem fit in accordance with the foregoing, the limitations of liability contained in these Terms and Conditions shall to the fullest extent permitted by law apply to any acts or omissions by CFengage.org in respect of any complaints CFengage.org receives.
- You can terminate your CFengage.org Account at any time. Termination of your account will remove your personal profile, other personal information, and related materials from view.
- When reasonably possible, CFengage.org will make reasonable efforts to give users fair notice of termination or suspension of their access to CFengage.org. However, we may suspend or terminate your CFengage.org Account immediately at any time without notice, without providing any reasons and without further liability or responsibility to you. Accordingly, you should no longer attempt to use CFengage.org without first contacting us.
- Once your CFengage.org Account terminates, you will have no right to access or use CFengage.org as a registered user or, at our sole discretion, as an unregistered visitor. Our proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, indemnities, limitations of liability and miscellaneous provisions of these Terms and Conditions will survive any termination of your CFengage.org account.
- CFengage.org contains links to third party websites. These links are provided by solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement of the content on such third-party websites.
- CFengage.org is not responsible for the content of linked third party websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk and in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of such third-party websites.
- CFengage.org allows the hyper-linking to CFengage.org from other appropriate websites if we give our consent or waive such required consent to such links. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to refuse to consent to such links without giving reasons. Any links to the website from another website must be presented in such a manner that the viewing of CFengage.org is not impaired by framing or similar techniques that may impair the visitor’s user experience.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and of the United States of America.
- These Terms and Conditions are supplemented by and incorporate any relevant notices on CFengage.org or online requirements of use of CFengage.org. These Terms and Conditions are also supplemented by the policies and procedures adopted by The Community Foundation, Inc. These Terms and Conditions are accepted upon your use of CFengage.org and are further affirmed by you registering for a CFengage.org account.
- The failure of CFengage.org to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not be construed as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be declared by a court of competent jurisdiction and authority to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such declaration will not modify the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions as far as possible and will not in any way affect the validity or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Community Foundation, Inc. shall comply with any legal requests for information. Information shall not be released to any party without a valid request or order to comply.
- CFengage.org, a program of The Community Foundation Inc.